With the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect 25th May 2018, we want to ensure that you fully understand the information we hold about you and the reasons we hold it.
1. When do we collect your data
We may collect your personal information when you visit our website, purchase something from us, contact us, enter competitions, contact us via social media and review products and services. We only use your data for this specific reason. We do not share your information with anybody else, unless required to do so by law.
2. What data do we collect
3. How & why we use your information
We only use your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protections Regulations and are committed to protecting your privacy. We never share your personal data with any third party, nor do they have access to this information, unless requested to do so by law.
We may use your data in a number of ways:
- To provide you with the products you have purchased from us so we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you. In order for your purchase to be delivered, we will share your name and address details with our courier company.
- To arrange collection with you if you selected free collection at the checkout.
- To manage any questions related to your purchase in the event of any queries.
- To contact you about information such as updates required by law, important product warranty or recall information.
4. Your rights
You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used and to access the personal information we hold about you. We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us by email with the subject ‘PRIVACY’ and we will be happy to help. We will respond within 30 days of your request in line with the new GDPR.
5. How we protect your data
Our website is secured by “https” technology and we do not store any card details. These details are all held and processed by third party providers, Stripe and Paypal. Refer also to point 3.
6. How do we keep your data
We will keep your information for as long as it’s needed to be able to provide the services you have requested to you, or for as long as is necessary to provide additional support.
If necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
7. Do we share your data
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
If for any reason you feel we have mis-handled your data or are unhappy with any of our responses to your requests, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact them by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or via their website: www.ico.org.uk/concerns